Monday, September 27, 2010

September SNR Now Available!

The September 2010 issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine is now available!  This edition is jam-packed with inspiration, tips and tutorials on all your artistic endeavors...from scrapping to card-making, inchies, twinchies and mixed media!  If you don't have a subscription already, click on over and pick one up.  And, if you do...then dive on in!

A couple sneak peeks of my work this month:  Check out my two articles on adapting color for digital scrapbooking.  One focuses on altering photographs using color filters in Photoshop, and the other teaches methods of creating and designing from a color swatch.  For instance, the "Handsome" layout below was put together using this swatch I made on www.kuler.adobe.com/...


Handsome digital scrapbooking layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Kit: For the Boys Mega Kit at Elemental Scraps; Leaves: Declan 2.0 Kit by Sherri Tierney; Round Mats, Label: Starcastic Kit by Connie Prince; Sketch: PageMaps by Becky Fleck; Fonts: You are Loved, Century Gothic

One of my new favorite regular features at SNR is Color Inspiration, where staffers take one piece of inspiration artwork and one color palette to turn into a page, card or ATC.  I love how it stretches my imagination each month!  Here's what you'll see from me this month:

The Inspiration

The Palette

The Page
I’ll be honest. I was largely drawn to this inspiration piece because it reminded me of this sheet of digital paper! I also liked the muted and dreamy quality of the piece and I translated that feeling onto my page by using a desaturated version of the inspiration color palette. Adding clock faces to the background helped support the title sentiment and watch frame.

Time Stands Still digital scrapbooking layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Paper: Freebie Special to Watercolor Whimsy Collection by Amanda Sok; Word Art: Elegant Word Art by Bethany; Frame: Vintage Watch Frames by The Scrappin Cop; Clockface: Refresh Collection by ScrapGirls; Ribbon: Mod Bungalow Collection by Brandy Hackman; Flowers: Sassy's Pumpkin and Hopsack Collection by Brandy Hackman; Brush: Grunge Brushes by The Scrappin Cop; Action: Scatter Things by Christy VanderWall; Font: Vladimir Script

Hope to see you soon, over at SNR!

No comments:

Post a Comment