Friday, July 1, 2011

Scrapbook Challenges Blog Hop


Welcome to another installment of the Scrapbook Challenges Seasons of Change Blog Hop!  I hope you're enjoying your little trip through the interweb...if you've just stumbled upon me here (or have gotten lost along the way), you can find the beginning of the train at Brynn Marie's site.

We have a new crop of Design Team members joining the hop this season, so let me re-introduce myself.  I'm Chanell, a resident digi-designer.  I'm proud mama to four babies and a fur-baby, wife to a high school statistics teacher, and crazy woman who is packing to move in a month.  If you would, kindly say a prayer that our sale is finalized, we find a new house and I stay sane enough to keep designing!  Hahaha!

Speaking of designing, Brynn has put together a festive little sketch for the hop, and it's been a ton of fun to work with it!


It was the perfect direction to take a little scrapper redo of one of the first pages I ever designed.  It has been one of those "great idea, poorly executed" layouts that has always kinda bugged me.  You know the kind?  Here's my new page using Brynn's sketch (you can click to enlarge it):

Summertime Toes by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Kit: NSD 2011 Designer Blog Hop Collab by Design House Digital; Photo Corner: Gunhild Storeide; Border: Doodle Borders by Sahlin Studio; Sketch: SS01 by Brynn Marie; Font: Vaguely Repulsive

Ahhh, much better.  I love how the layering turned out, and I would never have thought of it without the sketch!  Yay!

Ok, so, down to business.  Prizes!

1. For one person who leaves a comment on all the blogs in the hop, they will get the Salt Air Collection from Cosmo Cricket.
2. For one person who does a layout based on the sketch and posts in the HOP ON section, will receive a $20.00 USD Gift Certificate to Scrapbook.com.
3. For inviting people to join the group one person will receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger*.
AND
4. One new member over the weekend will ALSO receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger*.
*colors may vary.


Awesome, right?  Thanks for hoppin' by and sayin' hi!  I look forward to seeing your take on the sketch in the gallery this weekend!


Your next stop on the hop is with one of our new members, Eka!
Enjoy!

30 comments:

  1. super cute photo idea.. great layout elements.. perfect for summer.. hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,beautiful work Chanell...and I want to thank you for helping me with making my sketches digi...you're so sweet!!
    Have a happy hop!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute photos!
    I will follow :), regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're staying on Chanell..love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the skecth, love the way there are so many different things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun layout! Love your digi layouts and sketches...glad to be on the team with you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, love all your digi pages and sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute. Love the idea of the toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am selling our house, packing to move, and searching for a new home as we speak. I'm glad this hop was titled "seasons of change" because it certainly is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love love LOVE that page! Love little feet! Great design using this cute sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun layout! Love the colors and awesome photo! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch - adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layering and different colored scraps in the corner! Glad to be part of this Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your digi layouts, been a fan! :D Glad you're staying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love..love.. your LO! Love everything, especially the cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your layout! It just screams FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chanell I looove thpage you have created, the layering, the choice of digi papers is all so beautiful, you are a master indeed! So happy to be under your wings!
    Milagros

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure what the original looked like but the re-do is awesome!!

    smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Layout :) :) Love your work and glad you are staying on!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just great!!!! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute idea behind your page!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your layout! It SO feels like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad you're staying on!!! lovely LO for the summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. that page is wonderful. love all the layers

    ReplyDelete
  25. The LO looks beautiful! Love the pic and the title!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That photo is so sweet! Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete