Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness Week 1: SNAP!

It's ooonnnn!  Week one of the Scrapbook Challenges March Madness competition is a doozy!  Each letter of the alphabet was assigned a scrapping product, and our challenge was to design a page using the formula created from the first ten letters of our first and middle names.  I'll show you:

C: Chipboard
H: Heart
A: Acrylic Paint
N: Neon
E: Envelope
L: Lace
L: Lace
R: Ric Rac
E: Envelope
N: Neon


Ummm...did someone say NEON?  Twice?  With lace?!?  Yeah, this was clearly going to take me out of my comfort zone.  Hubs thought I should just sneak in the neon, but I decided to go in the opposite direction and OWN the NEON!  So... (click to enlarge.)

Snap digital scrapbooking layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Paper: Me and My Camera by Maybe Mej; Patterned Paper, Date Tag, Flair: Hoppy Birthday Collab by The Lilypad; Chipboard Frame: Big Chipboard Frames by Lisa Sisneros; Envelopes: The Scrapping Cop; Frame, Paper Lace: Gunhild Storeide; Ric Rac: For the Girls Mega Collab by Elemental Scraps; Word Art: MaryJanes and Galoshes; Paint, Alpha: Art in the Box by Paula Kesselring; Fonts: I Love Derwin, Traveling Typewriter

We'll see how this goes over...I'm paired against a wonderfully talented pretty-romantic scrapper whose formula should suit her beautifully!  I've gone the risky route, but I have to say that I kinda love this page because of *how* out-there it is!  I never, ever would have created this page outside this competition!

Extra bonus: It's done and posted *before* the baby's born!  Yay!  Now I don't have to do it in the hospital to make the deadline!

So, come vote for me on March 22 (I'll add the link then)...I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment