Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins


I have a batch of these babies in the oven right now.  While I was mixing them, Pup came up and exclaimed, "Oh, those are my FAVORITE muffins, Mom!"  I figured that was a good enough recommendation for a blog post...

I got this recipe from a forum where someone else had apparently gotten it from the "Mad About Muffins" cookbook.  Just givin' props.

1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups flour (I use 1 cup AP and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk

Heat oven to 375.  In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.  Toast nuts in oven for 4 minutes.  Stir nuts and chocolate chips into flour mixture.

In medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients.  Add into flour mixture and mix well.  Stir in shredded zucchini.  Fill muffin tins and bake 20 minutes.  Makes 18 muffins.

1 comment: