Monday, February 25, 2013

SBC Sketch 333

This week's sketch release at Scrapbook Challenges turned out to be quite a challenge for some of us!  But, if you're a storyteller, this is right up your alley...


If you click over to the SBC Blog, you can see what the other DT members have done with the sketch, but I'm warning you that we're a sappy bunch this week!  This quantity of journaling seems to have brought out our collective sentimental side.  Which is cool...some photos require that kind of treatment.  Here's my take:

5 Days in September digital scrapbook layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Paper, Tape, Arrows: Little Boy by Pure Scrap; Stethescope, Thermometer, Bracelet, Red Cross, Word Art: Bumps & Bruises by Miss Mint; Brads, Ribbon, Ink: This Life: September by Penny Springmann; Paper Tears: Gunhild Storeide; Sketch: 333 by Scrapbook Challenges; Fonts: Impact, Underwood Champion

This is a long-awaited redo of one of my first paper pages.  I got as far as taping down the photo and some word bits, but never wrote the story...which is kind of the important part of this layout.  You can click to enlarge it if you care to read the journaling.

And then, because I can be kind of an over-acheiver, I decided to whip up a second page!   I went way less literal on this take, but honestly, it shows the range that you can acheive with a sketch like this:

100 digital scrapbook layout by Chanell Rigterink Credits Digital Paper, Flower: With All My Heat by Juliana Kneipp; Journal Card, Bird Card, Glasses, Leaf, Lace, Tag, Tea Stains, Alpha: This Life: September by Penny Springmann; Bingo card: Fly Away With Me Collab by Sweet Shoppe Designs; Tickets, Buttons: This Carefree Day by Sahlin Studio; Sketch: 333 by Scrapbook Challenges; Font: Underwood Champion

If you look closely, the structure of the sketch is very much present in this layout.  I've just subbed out some of the journaling with extra (granny-chic!) embellishments.  That, to me, it the joy of sketches, especially very minimal ones like this...being able to play on the elements that grab your attention and letting your own creativity do the rest!


P.S.  SBC didn't miss Sketch 332...I did!  I hadn't done a layout with is, so I forgot to blog it!  You should still check it out, though!


1 comment:

  1. I love "5 days". Very professional design and great job with the journaling.

    ReplyDelete