Monday, January 30, 2012

Word for the Year

A lot of people choose a theme word of the year.  I've never even been tempted to do this...mostly because I doubt my ability to do anything for a year, even living by a  theme.

But this morning, I had an apostrophe ("I think you mean epiphany!").  I *do* need a theme this year.  Because there's a lot going on in my life at the moment.  There's a baby coming.  If that was all, it would be enough...but there are also four other kids, and a dog, and a husband, and a house that's still only part unpacked (let alone put together).  I have friends and a sister.  There are still things I want to do creatively, and in ministry.  So, yeah.  I need *something* to help me keep all this together.


Seems like it should be more profound.  But, if you know me, I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl.  I don't really plan.  And I can organize just about anyone other than myself.  So, this really is a big deal in my world.  But, darnit, I'm gonna do my best this year.

And, the best part is that I *know* that if I can organize myself...my home, my kids, my routine...that the rest of what I want to accomplish will fall into place.  I can be the person that I need to be, to all the different people who need me, if I can get my own poop in a group (so to speak).  And I can be creative if my world isn't in such chaos.

Tall order.  Baby steps.  One bin, one box at a time.  It's so easy for me to be overwhelmed.  But it's good.  And necessary.

So...here's to my word of the year!  Let's get ORGANIZED!

No comments:

Post a Comment